Tuesday, November 19, 2013

I am rarely speechless.

Yesterday I told you about three year old Logan Larrabee and what he's been going through as a result of his recent cancer diagnosis. I asked you to donate if you were able and to share my post or the link to the fundraiser to spread the word. I want nothing but the best for this family and I called upon my Facebook friends, Twitter followers and blog readers for help.

I must tell you how overwhelmed I have been at the positive response I've witnessed in less than 24 hours. You guys have reposted and pinned and tweeted and shared and liked your little hearts out. I've watched my rallying cry for Logan grace the Facebook pages of people I lost touch with years ago. I have strangers emailing me asking how they can help. Some of my friends have used their connections to get the companies they work for involved. And in less than 24 hours, you have donated over $300. Most of you have never met the Larrabees. A few of you have never met me. All of you are absolutely amazing.

I pride myself on self-expression, on being able to articulate feelings and communicate ideas through language. I rely on writing to get me through everything. And so I find it quite odd that I cannot string together the right words to accurately describe how much I appreciate the outpouring of support you guys have shown me and my friends. Jim and Robin cannot thank you enough. I cannot thank you enough. I am rarely speechless. I could cry.

And I want you to know, Logan says thank you, too. You guys rock.

On a less "Keri could cry" note, you guys are weird. I promised to write you a blog if you donated, and some of the topics I've gotten so far are off the wall bonkers crazy. You may have more faith in my abilities than I do. If you donated, don't forget to send me your topic of choice if you haven't already. A deal is a deal. And now I must finish writing about modern day hipster superhero Jesus. Yeah.   

No comments: